Improve your language abilities in our fun and dynamic sessions.
On this course, you study from 9:15 a.m. until 1 p.m., so you may work part-time (see below for restrictions*) or pursue your own interests in the afternoon. In addition, every week.
How long will it take me to finish my studies?
The length of your course can be customized. The bare minimum is two weeks. Most students complete 2 to 12 weeks of training, while others do up to 44 weeks.
When can I begin?
You can enroll in a Semi-Intensive General English course approximately every Monday, with the exception of school holidays. However, you are not permitted to take a Semi-Intensive class during July or August.
Beginners choose the date they begin and the number of weeks they study. There are set start dates for beginners. You’ll take a written placement test and an interview to determine your English proficiency on your first day, so you’ll enroll in a suitable class. You can join an existing class if you wish. Our trained and experienced instructors guarantee.
Semi-Intensive General English Course Details
|Hours per week||15 + weekly cultural/social or sporting activities|
|Maximum class size||12, average 8|
|Maximum age||There is no maximum age.|
|Language level||Beginner to advanced (CEFR Level A1 – C1)|
THEORY Course Outline
After you’ve completed the placement test and spoken with us, we’ll inform you which class you’ll be in. You will receive a study checklist for your English level. The following are some of the things that may happen during your semi-intensive English lesson:
- Use grammar effectively, whether you’re correcting your own writing or teaching English as a second language.
- In addition, the program also exposes them to various cultures, languages and accents that will help them develop their communication skills: pronunciation, fluency, and sensitivity.
- In the areas of writing and communications, kids will be exposed to both formal and informal skills.
- Children who have trouble reading and listening may benefit from practicing these skills on a daily basis.
- Spanish is a Romance language spoken in Spain, the US, Mexico, Central America, South America and Peru.
Interactive and focused classroom activities will help you to practice new language in a low-stress, friendly atmosphere.
Our approach to teaching materials is simple but creative. You will be able to work in groups of two or three, and you will often speak in English as much as possible.
Teachers also develop their own materials and combine other resources, such as video and the internet, into their lessons.
Completing your objectives
You will not only improve your listening comprehension, but also your spoken English skills and develop a deeper insight into the language. On a Semi-Intensive General English course, you will:
- Improve your grasp of written and spoken English by doing the following exercises
- To strengthen your confidence while speaking, listening, reading, and writing, consider the following
- Improve your use of grammatical structure and vocabulary
- You can also improve your English by becoming more at ease with it
Outcomes of learning
On completion of your course, you will get a detailed certificate in English showing your proficiency level as well as ‘Can do’ statements to demonstrate your CEFR (Common European Framework) level.
Because of this, it’s important to plan your journey wisely in order to get the most out of your experience. Your learning goals will be determined by your level when you arrive, as well as the sort of course and the number of weeks you study. Even after a brief Semi-Intensive English program, you’ll make strides in your English:
- A larger variety of options
- English will be more easily and effectively spoken by you.
- To have a greater understanding of British culture,
- Our students are adults of all ages and nationalities, and we have new friends from across the world.
Our online e-Learning Centre is open to all Lake School students for a year, free of charge. You may utilize this while in Oxford to aid with your independent study or after you return home so you can continue to enhance your English skills.
*Students from EU and Switzerland can work in the UK right now without restrictions. We may help you with CV assistance as well as composing a job application if you wish to seek for employment. Part-time employment might help you develop your career prospects.
Students with a Student Visitor Visa or an Extended Student Visitor Visa, on the other hand, are not permitted to work.