Before they arrive, some foreign nationals need a visa (obtain entry clearance).
By visiting the UK Visas and Immigration website, you may learn whether you need a visa and where your nearest British Embassy or Consulate is. You might be able to apply for your visa online.
It may take time to acquire a visa, so it’s a good idea to be prepared. Before you apply for one, make sure you have all of the information you’ll need to fulfill immigration criteria. Begin your enrollment at least two months before you want to begin studying.
SHORT TERM STUDY VISA
- The H-1B is a non-immigrant visa that allows foreign workers to work temporarily in the United States. It is for students who wish to study for up to six months (16 years and older) or up to eleven months (18 years and older).
- Students are not permitted to work part-time, extend their stay, or change their visa under this visa. Students are not permitted to bring family members with them.
- This visa is open to students of all levels of English proficiency (including novices).
- Your Short-Term Study Visa will be valid throughout the duration of your course.
- During your program, you may take a brief vacation.
- You must pay your tuition in full by bank transfer when you register for a course at the Lake School. Then the Lake School will send you a Confirmation of Enrolment letter.
- You will need to show this letter to the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) when you make your visa application.
Short term study visa requirements
- The student must complete a minimum of 15 hours of organized study each week in a single subject or closely aligned subjects.
The Lake School specializes in teaching just one subject: English as a Foreign Language. Semi-Intensive English courses last 15 hours each week. Intensive English classes last for 21 hours per week.
You must tell the Visa Application Centre (VAC) about your study objectives and any academic courses you’ve completed in your country. You should explain why you picked the Lake School and how the course will benefit your future employment.
- The student must plan to depart the United Kingdom at the conclusion of his or her education.
You must demonstrate that you will leave the United Kingdom by describing what you intend to do when you return and your career path.
- In order to enroll in this course, you must be able to pay the entire cost of the course, as well as accommodation and living expenses in the UK.
The Visa Application Centre requires bank statements from you or your sponsor to verify that you have paid the full cost of the program. In Britain, you’ll need a minimum of £250 each week for living and housing costs.
You must inform the Lake School as soon as you obtain your visa.
If you want a UK visa, you must pay your entire fees at the time of enrollment.
1. We will send you an invoice showing your charges once we receive your Enrolment Form.
2. Before visa documentation is sent, you must pay by bank transfer and send a copy of the bank transfer document via email.
3. You must also pay for your tuition fees and any other costs associated with the program.
- the enrolment fee of £75
- a visa documentation fee of £25
- bank charges of £25
- If you need your visa documents expedited, DHL can deliver them by express mail for £95.
These administrative expenditures are not refundable if your visa is denied.
Your tuition fees will be refunded in full, subject to the following conditions
1. You must notify the Lake School as soon after you have your visa as possible. If you do not show up at the School on your planned start date, UK Visas and Immigration will be notified, and you will be charged for any weeks that you did not attend.
2. If you are delayed in receiving your visa, you must inform the School at least four weeks before the start of your program. If you do not, you will be dismissed from the course and will have to pay back any fees for weeks that you were not present.
3. If your visa is denied, you must notify the School at least four weeks before the start of your program and send a copy of the original letter of refusal issued to you by the Entry Clearance Officer/Visa Application Centre. We’ll refund your full tuition fee less any administration costs in this instance.
4. If your visa is declined and you notify the School fewer than four weeks before the beginning of your program, we will reimburse you less any processing fees and the deposit of £200.
5. If your visa is denied and you notify the School after the start date of your program, you will be charged a cancellation fee as well as any missed weeks’ tuition.
6. In any case, you must apply for a refund of your study fees within four weeks after your visa denial date.
Visit the British Council’s website for more thorough information about visas, studying, and employment in the United Kingdom: www.educationuk.org/ and the UK Council for International Student Affairs.